CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Beginning

     I've finally decided to do something about my "want" to write a blog and have it be noticed.  I honestly don't mind if there aren't a lot of people who choose to read it, as long as my posts can help someone or make a difference in someone's life. 
     I'll start off by explaining a little about myself and what I'd like to accomplish with this blog:
     My name is Ashleigh, and I'm currently a 22 year-old college student living in a small town called Rexburg, Idaho.  You may ask if I grew up here...well that truth is, no.  I lived in San Diego my entire life and eventually felt like I wasn't really moving.  It seemed like my life was at a stand-still and I wasn't happy with anything.  I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and that was one of the main reasons I chose to come out to Rexburg to attend Brigham Young University - Idaho.  I'll be honest, that originally I wasn't too involved in church.  I just felt like I had to go because my family went.  It wasn't until last year that I actually felt like I needed to be here.  So far, it's been extremely rough.  My childhood isn't exactly the most perfect of all childhoods...I had a lot of ups and downs growing up, and it hasn't ceased yet.  I've hit points in my life here where I literally had no money and had to rely on friends I've made to help me pay for my gas, and buy me groceries so I could eat.  However, no matter what problems have occurred since I've been here, I've managed to make it to the next day and I'm grateful for that.
     Okay, enough with the boring stuff...I'll tell you why I'm here.  I'm here because I want to make a difference.  I want to be able to use a passion of mine (writing) to my advantage.  I love to make people happy and be able to help those in need whenever I can, because by the grace of God, I wouldn't be where I am today without the help I've received from other people.
     Anyway, I am so ready to finally get this blog moving and share with you the happenings in my life, as well as my passion and love for writing and other interests I have.  I'm also welcome to any ideas or suggestions people have for me as I begin this blog.  Thank you for reading and I hope that we can build relationships with one another throughout this next journey!
-Ashleigh

4 comments:

Mallory said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I hope you enjoy blogging. It's a lot of fun, as long as you keep it up! :D I'll follow you and I'll try to comment often. Every blogger needs some bloggy love! Good luck!

Ashleigh said...

Thanks mallory, I will definitely keep it up! :)

Carol said...

Welcome to "bloggie world". Hope it proves to be a good experience for you and that your writing will touch peoples hearts.

Ashleigh said...

thanks carol! :)

Post a Comment